IF YOU ARE IN THE ATLANTA, GA AREA, HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

LUCY WAS PULLED FROM HARNETT COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL IN NC ALONG WITH ANOTHER GOLDENDOODLE ETHEL. BOTH GIRLS ARE HEARTWORM POSITIVE HAVE RECEIVED TRIAGE AND BASIC VETTING BUT ARE NOT YET SPAYED. LUCY WAS DOODLE TRAINED TO FRANNIE SPECTOR IN ATLANTA FOR FOSTER CARE, HW TREATMENT AND SPAY SUGERY. AT 10:00 PM LAST NIGHT SHE BOLTED. LUCY WAS LAST SEEN AT 6:30 AM THIS MORNING.

FULTON COUNTY ANIMAL CONTROL AND THE ENTIRE ANIMAL WELFARE COMMUNITY IN THE ATLANTA AREA HAVE BEEN NOTIFIED AND ARE DOING EVERYTHING THEY CAN TO RECOVER LUCY.

PLEASE FORWARD AND CROSSPOST WHEREVER YOU CAN. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!

Tags: , , collective, doodle, goldendoodle, goldendoodle", inc, le, missing, rescue

Views: 999

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has there been any news???
Andrea:  Nothing so far.  Frannie is so exhausted from searching and worrying that hopefully she is in bed getting some much needed rest.  We (friends of Frannie and us other fosters in the DRC) have plastered the area with flyers, talked with people walking dogs, notified everyone and every group that we and the DRC can think of, but so far no sighting since early Saturday morning.  We are all saying prayers that someone found her and took her home, although from what Frannie says its very hard to get close to Lucy because of her fear of people, but . . . we are continuing to watch and drive through neighborhoods looking for her.  I firmly believe she will be found.  Just wish it was sooner rather than later.  Keep thinking good thoughts. 

Thanks Deborah I was getting myself all worked up. Can't stand the thoughts of a dog on the loose and being so scared. Hope for good news soon,

Andrea

Thank you for the update.  While it is not the news we want to hear, we all want to know.  My group sends our love and support.

Hey guys - we're almost at a week and there's been no sign of Lucy. We're all continuing to hang signs everywhere, post and cross post of facebook and missing animal sites, talk to walkers, runners, and people out with their dogs, and I've taken to haunting Fulton County Animal Services, just in case someone there doesn't make the connection (I was very happy to see that they had Lucy's sign hanging right in their office). I have to admit that I hate going there. There are SO many dogs in there (and a pig) and I want to take them all. In at least 5 of the runs, there is a mama dog and a litter of puppies. All I can think of is the statistic that I read stating that that out of all the puppies in 2011, only 1 puppy out of 10 will have a forever home. It's staggering. Even if it's exaggerated, and say that only 5 out of 10 will find forever homes that's still horrifying. It does bring home the importance of what the DRC does. No, we can't save them all, but EVERY LIFE is important.

So that brings me back to Lucy. Her life is vitally important to me, and I know all my DRC family (and real family, and friends, and neighbors!) feels similarly. So, even with knowing the bad stuff...how hot it is, the fact that she has a heart murmur and heartworms, etc, I just refuse to give up hope that we'll find her.

Hi Linda - the good news on Lucy is that she has returned to my general area and we've had several sightings (even by me!). She's a bit thinner, but is still quick and wily. The bad news is that she's even MORE skittish than she was, and no one has been able to get closer than 20 feet. Animal Control came out and put a trap down in an area where she was seen a couple of times. The trap is covered to help it look less cage like. I have been baiting it with mc donald's hamburgers, rotisserie chicken, and pretty much any stinky dog-appealing food I can think of. It may take quite a while to trap her. We had a lot of rain yesterday, so the creek is flowing freshly (good water source) and people have the 4th of July bbq stuff out in their trash cans, so there's plenty for her to eat. 

It's frustrating, because I just want to tackle her and get her safe, but contrary to popular belief I cannot execute a 20' flying tackle. I'm not sure I can do a 20" flying tackle!!! We are in hunker down mode, and gathering lots and lots of hope from sightings and knowing that she's hanging around the area. 

I am thrilled to read this.  There is every hope that you will catch her soon.  It is very cool that animal control is helping you.  I do not think that would be the case in our large town.

Frannie, that is great news.  Last Fall I had a German Shorthair that was out in the cornfield and could not get close to him at all.  I thought he belonged to a guy in town since he was the only one around the area that has GS.  Since I didn't have a live trap he said I would have better luck getting the dog to trust me if I got down on his level and not make eye contact.  It took me 3 days before this dog would trust me.  Luckily there was still corn in the field so people couldn't see me down on my hands and knees.  At least you have access to a live trap big enough to catch her.  So when you start to get frustrated just think about me in the cornfield, LOL.

Keeping both of you in my thoughts and prayers

Hang in there, Frannie. When Floyd (who later became Patty T's Poe) got loose from me the dog catcher baited the traps with egg mcmuffins, which he skillfully rocked until the trap was sprung and then grabbed his egg mcmuffin. Luckily on the 5th day the local cop saw him and followed him with a catch pole until he ran into a backyard with fencing on 3 sides and luckily caught him. The mailmen are really good a watching for sightings.

good luck

We are keeping both you and Lucy in our thoughts.  At least you know she is still safe and in your area - now you just have to find the right lure to catch her!  Good luck.

RSS

© 2022   Created by Jacquie Yorke - DRC Director.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service