UPDATE - Shag adopted Labradoodle at the Port Charlotte, Florida - Animal Welfare League

There is a 1 yr old, black, large,  Labradoodle named Shag at the Animal Welfare League of Port Charlotte, Florida.  I called for info and was told he was adopted once but the League took him back after the adopters tried to sell him on Craig's list.  He jumped a 3 ft high fence and ran the neighborhood was their excuse.  I do not think this is a kill shelter and he should find a family quickly (again) my concern is that they aren't properly vetting adopters.  This boy needs a forever family that will give him the exercise that he needs.  Anyone in the area looking for a doodle?  

HAPPY DANCE!! Shag was adopted today by an active couple in their 50's. He has a forever family and I guess it was love at first sight for all them. So Shag - where ever you are - there is a piece of my heart there with you!! Live happy ...

Views: 623

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So glad to hear this, Jane! Thank you for sponsoring this big sweet boy, I know you will do everything in your power to see that he gets a great home. 

Beautiful!!!! Way to go, Jane!  Now we can all rest easy,knowing he is in good hands under your watchful eyes.

I am extremely interested in giving Shag a forever home! Unfortunately I am allergic to doodles that shed so I was wondering if you have found this out about him yet.

I live in Florida and am willing to come meet him. I have a Portuguese Water Dog named Milo and would like to make sure they get along.

Kelsea, you need to contact the shelter if you are interested in Shag. However, if you have allergies to dogs who shed, I would only consider breeds that do not ever shed like poodles or PWDs. 

Karen is correct Kelsea but I SO appreciate your interest.  Shag was with potential adopters today so I didn't go play with him but I'll be checking tomorrow and as his sponsor they are supposed to call to notify me when he is adopted.  This beautiful boy has stolen my heart and I hope who ever gets him treats him like he deserves.

Thanks for the update, Jane.  We'll keep our paws crossed!

HAPPY DANCE!! Shag was adopted today by an active couple in their 50's. He has a forever family and I guess it was love at first sight for all them. So Shag - where ever you are - there is a piece of my heart there with you!! Live happy ...

like like like!!!!!!  Maybe they will join doodlekisses and post his pic.

Jane, thanks for posting about Shag and then sponsoring him.  You probably made a huge difference in his getting noticed and then adopted!

Happy Tails to you, Shag! May you live happily ever after with your new family. 

Jane, thanks for being his Fairy Godmother! 

RSS

© 2021   Created by Jacquie Yorke - DRC Director.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service