As some of you may know, Charlie and Daisy came from a very disruptive and sad home. Charlie became Daisy's protector as the two doodles tried to live among humans who were troubled. Charlie developed a "reputation" as being very protective of his sister to the point that Daisy was very fearful of being a carefree dog. DRC made the difficult decision to separate them in foster care and observe how they do.
I'm so please to say that Charlie is just the sweetest doodle on earth!! He plays nicely with all my dogs yet is very happy sitting by himself. He's gotten the vet's clean bill of  health. Unfortunately his mats on his beautiful white fleecy coat extended down to the skin, even to his lips and between the pads on his feet. So our boy has been shaved down and he is currently wearing a homemade fleece dog coat day and night as he adjusts to being "naked". I think he would be a terrific doodle in a home with older children who know how to act with a dog. With an obedience course he would be a wonderful family member. Here's a couple of pictures of Charlie before his shavedown, with our vet, Dr Larry Pennington, and sadly after his shavedown.

Views: 255

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ahha! Another foster failure! Seriously, congratulations. Charlie will thrive in your pack. He needs playmates. I can't wait to see photos as his coat grows out.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Jacquie Yorke - DRC Director.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service